xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: My Kind Of Hero

Thursday 19 May 2016

My Kind Of Hero

My Kind of Hero

I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life

Bonnie Tyler got it so right. My favourite heroes are creatures of the night, Vampires, Werewolves, Fae, Gods, and Demons. That makes them fast, violent and way larger than life.

Alpha heroes are the stuff of romantic fantasy. They might run wolf packs with a will of iron and a touch of humour, or walk with Gods, but everything pales when they meet their one, true love.

I love my werewolves - Caleb the Cold, Joel Blackhert, and more recently Titus. The Fae King, Leonidas, stole my heart - or maybe it was his naughty dragon Lipstick that sucked me in. To me though, Jase – from Giving it Up for the Gods – is special.

This is more about me than him. I love history, and all things Roman. When my husband whisked me of to Rome, I fell in love with the Eternal City. Walking through the forum, I felt drawn to the Temple of Saturn. It once housed Rome’s treasury, and it dates from 457BC. That blows my mind.



Saturn arrived in Italy dethroned and the run. Janus, the ruling god invited him to stay, and Saturn brought agriculture to the Romans.

A Bromance? Perhaps. They were certainly great friends. 

Below is a Roman coin showing Janus. Yeah, I know, it doesn’t do him justice. Picture him with designer stubble and a more up to date hairstyle. Sculpted muscles, bad ass attitude, and of course horns that only appear when his demon takes charge, all add to his charm.

The more I dug, the more the story  of Janus pulled me in. He was honest and straightforward, the best of the best—which makes think of the scene where Will Smith tries out for Men in Black. As a God Beginnings and Endings, Janus  ruled doors, and our month of January is named after him. 

Then he raped a nymph named Cardea

Why would a god who was respected by everyone do that?

So the “What if’s” started.

What if she’d cried wolf? What if an innocent man had been convicted of a crime he didn’t commit. Great, now I’ve gone from Men in Black to the A Team.
What if the other gods tossed Janus from the heights of Olympus to the depths of Hell?
Worse, what if a demon took root in his soul?

You got me. 
I love a hero with tortured soul.
Now Janus has clawed his way back in the human world, he calls himself Jase. His best friend still drops in occasionally. His best friend? Saturn of course, but he prefers to be called Saul.

In Giving it Up for the Gods, the Siren race helped convict Janus of raping Cardea. He’s endured centuries of abuse and torment because of their lies. No wonder he hates Sirens.

And, of course, my heroine is a siren.





 Buy links:  


Amazon US    http://amzn.to/20bUDLn 

Amazon UK       http://amzn.to/20bUDLn

Amazon AU       http://bit.ly/20bVSKk

All Romance   http://bit.ly/22htIzv

Kobo              http://bit.ly/1W4RbUA 

Blurb 


Not only angels fall.

Convicted of a crime he didn’t commit, the warrior god Janus plummeted from the heights of Olympus to the depths of the Underworld. After centuries of pain and torment, he finally clawed his way free. He'll never forgive the gods who condemned him, or the sirens for their part in his downfall.

Each summer, to celebrate the Feast of Neptunealia, Neptune demands a virgin sacrifice. And his sacrifice of choice is a siren.

Sirens are strong, sassy, and sexy.

Lindy’s siren heritage makes her fierce, lusty, and curious but she dreams of loving one man forever. She won’t give her heart—or her virginity—to a short lived mortal she might accidentally break in bed. When Neptune demands her as his sacrifice, she’s determined to give her virginity to anybody except him.

Janus, or Jase as he calls himself now, rescues Lindy from Neptune’s mermen. He’s the one man she’s eager to bed. The clock’s ticking. Lindy has forty-eight hours to seduce the siren-hating Jase and win his heart. That or Neptune will find her and take her against her will.


No comments:

Post a Comment