xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Doing it the Hard Way by Janine Ashbless

Monday 4 December 2017

Doing it the Hard Way by Janine Ashbless

“When there’s war in Heaven, on which side will you stand?”




Genres: Hot M/F/M Romance, Thriller, Supernatural
Pages:  388

I feel that there’s an easy way and a hard way for an author to get her heroine into a passionate romantic threesome with two hot guys.
The easy way, surely, is for the innocent heroine to meet the two men, find herself attracted to both yet be unsure which one she truly loves. Then the blokes give each other a knowing look, smirk and say “It’s alright Letitia, we’ve known each other for years and are best friends. We both love you and we are such great buds that what we really want is a threesome that will make all your dreams come true.” And lovely Letitia says, “OMG – are you serious?!” and the other guy insists “Yes, polyamory is a thing these days, love is love, let’s do it.” Then all Letitia has to do is let them take responsibility and BINGO, ménage, no worries except for explaining it to three sets of in-laws.
The hard way, on the other hand, would be for our heroine to meet one gorgeous guy, fall in love with him and commence a relationship, then meet a second hunky man and fall for him too. And have the two blokes HATE each other on religious principle, and be massively jealous of each other, and one to combine an extreme lack of emotional maturity with enormous power and the other to be manipulative and uptight as all get out. And for the fate of the world to depend on her stopping them killing each other.
I mean, what dumbass kind of writer would set herself the task of making that second plot psychologically convincing, morally and emotionally acceptable to romance readers, and hot as hell?
Guess which option I picked?
xxx
Janine


Excerpt from The Prison of the Angels:

  
We appeared just outside the house. “Here?” Azazel demanded.
“Yes.”
A door crashed open at the side of the building and Egan came dashing around the corner, just as Azazel let me unspool down onto the wet grass at his feet.
“Is she okay?” he demanded. “Are you alright?” He lunged to scoop me up from the grass into his arms, right off my feet, and I smiled because he was acting like I was a little kid too weak to stand. But it was nice to be held there against his chest.
“I’m okay,” I whispered, touching his face. I don’t think he believed me, because he kissed me with reckless impetuosity.
Azazel took a step back and the rain stopped suddenly. There was a distinct smell of burning dust.
“What happened?” Egan looked around. “Where’s Penemuel?”
“She betrayed us,” said Azazel.
What?
“I have been betrayed by everyone who ever swore they loved me.” His voice was like gravel. “Everyone. No one in this new age can be trusted, it seems.”
“You mean Milja?” Egan’s own voice was flat and fearless. “She’s just risked her life for you, you tool.”
This was a very strange conversation to be going on over my head, I thought. “I want to go to sleep,” I said into Egan’s chest. Yes, the light died early this time of year, but it felt like it had been an incredibly long day, and I couldn’t remember eating anything.
There was silence from the two men for a moment. Then, “Take her indoors,” growled Azazel.
Egan’s arms tightened around me. “I don’t need your permission.”
“You should lie with her and make her well,” he answered, as if Egan hadn’t spoken. “I will spare this island. If I can.”
“What does that mean?”
But it was too late; Azazel had already stepped backward into the gloaming evening, and vanished into the murk.

The Prison of the Angels
by Janine Ashbless

The Prison of the Angels, the final novel in the Book of the Watchers trilogy, and the story of a young woman who releases a fallen angel from centuries of imprisonment, is now available from Sinful Press.

Genres: Hot M/F/M Romance, Thriller, Supernatural
Pages:  388


Blurb:

I thought I was a good girl. I thought that no matter what others did for my sake, I could stay innocent. I thought that as long as I acted out of love, I’d be blameless.

I was wrong, wasn’t I?

Milja Petak’s world has fallen apart.


Her lover, the fallen angel Azazel, has cast her aside in rage and disgust. The other contender for her heart, the Catholic priest Egan Kansky, was surrendered back into the hands of the shadowy Vatican organization, Vidimus, after sustaining life-threatening injuries.

She has killed and she has betrayed. She is alone, homeless, and at the end of her tether - torn apart by guilt and the love she has lost. But neither Heaven nor its terrifying representatives on Earth have finished with Milja. Both of her lovers need her in order to further their very different plans, and both passionately need her, though they may try to deny it.

Milja is once again forced into a series of choices as she uncovers the secrets Heaven has been guarding for centuries. But this time it is not just her heart at stake, or even the fate of a fallen angel.

This time, the choices she make will change everything.

This time it’s the End of the World.



Praise for this series:


“An absolute must-read.”
Rose Caraway, The Sexy Librarian

“Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code, only much better written and with much more sexiness involved.”
—Clitical

"Damn, if Dostoevsky wrote smolderingly hot erotica about fallen angels, he’d be Janine Ashbless."
Samantha MacLeod

“The first two books of this series are smart, sexy, literate, gripping, and moving. I can’t wait for the third.”
Jaqueline Brocker

Bio:
Janine Ashbless is a writer of fantasy erotica and steamy romantic adventure – and that’s “fantasy” in the sense of swords ‘n’ sandals, contemporary paranormal, fairytale, and stories based on mythology and folklore.  She likes to write about magic and mystery, dangerous power dynamics, borderline terror, and the not-quite-human.
Janine has been seeing her books in print ever since 2000, and her novels and single-author collections now run into double figures. She’s also had numerous short stories published by Black Lace, Nexus, Cleis Press, Ravenous Romance, Harlequin Spice, Storm Moon, Xcite, Mischief Books, and Ellora’s Cave, among others. She is co-editor of the nerd erotica anthology Geek Love.
Her work has been described as: "hardcore and literate" (Madeline Moore) and "vivid and tempestuous and dangerous, and bursting with sacrifice, death and love."   (Portia Da Costa)







No comments:

Post a Comment