xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Five Facts Thursday - please welcome Angela Sargenti

Thursday 26 November 2015

Five Facts Thursday - please welcome Angela Sargenti

Five facts about Angela Sargenti


1)  I graduated from Culinary Academy, and then went on to get a business degree.

2)  I've lived in 6 different states, some more than once

3)  I've been married to my best friend for over 20 years

4)  I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.

5)  I often write from the POV of a male.



Blurb

Bored and restless, Gwen refuses to marry her long-time beau, Earl. He endeavors to end her boredom by introducing her to something new - kink. In particular, domestic discipline, bondage, and spanking. He even buys her a paddle of her own, nicknamed Mr. Pink. When he puts her over his knee and spanks her with it, she takes a shine to her special new friend. Can Mr. Pink help persuade the reluctant Miss to become a happily-married Mrs., or will their relationship unravel?

Excerpt

It was the kind of dull, dusty day that drags on forever and kills you with boredom. I stood in my late parents’ kitchen frying pork chops in my mother’s old cast iron skillet. Everything was still and quiet, except for the sizzle of the pork chops and the sound of a couple of flies buzzing around by the sink.
I flipped the chops, and then I picked up the flyswatter. Suddenly, I turned, hearing my boyfriend’s ‘68 Nova coming up the road. I set the flyswatter down again and shut off the burner, taking the skillet off the heat. Out on the porch, I let the heavy wooden screen door slam shut behind me. With a hand on my hip and my thin cotton dress waving in the breeze, I waited for him at the top of the porch steps as he pulled up and parked in the gravel drive.
Earl.
He hopped out of the driver’s seat and stopped to gaze at me, a huge grin on his face that made it hard to stay mad at him.
“Hey, Gwen.”
“Hey.”
“I know you got a cold one waiting for me.”
I frowned and turned back to the house to go get him his beer.
Damned man. I knew he’d been out carousing the night before, had already heard of his exploits from my cousin Walter, who worked as a bouncer at the local bar.
“Heard some gossip about you,” I told him, handing him an icy-cold beer.
He pressed the can to his forehead to cool it off before popping the top. “All right.”
“I hear you’ve been chasing you some tail.”
“Lies.”
I looked at him skeptically, but his eyes were wide and innocent. “You know something, Gwen? I ought to put you over my knee, listening to them wild tales.”
I felt my pulse race, like it always did when he said such things to me.
“Well?” he asked me. “You gonna invite me in?”
Shrugging, I stood aside. “I guess so.”
He sat down at the kitchen table and I made him a plate. When I sat down with my own, he started sawing into one of the chops. He popped a piece into his mouth and smiled. “Mmm, mmm. Darlin’, you’re the best cook I ever knew, apart from my mama.”
“Thanks, Earl.”
“You ain’t still mad? Mad I didn’t come by last night? Aw, damn, girl, you know my buddy was in town from the army.”
“Naw, it ain’t that,” I admitted. “It’s just... I kind of missed you, is all.”
He smiled, pushing his plate aside. “You know I love you, Gwen.”
“Yeah, I know.”
“Don’t sound so convinced of it.”
When I didn’t say anything, he climbed to his feet, skirting the kitchen table to take me in his arms. I melted into his embrace and laid my head against his shoulder. Reaching around him, I slipped my hands into the back pockets of his jeans. “I can’t hardly stand a night without you, Earl.”
“Is that right?” he asked, tipping my chin up so he could look me in the eyes. “Well, we’ll just have to rectify that, now won’t we, sugar?”
I shut my eyes, intoxicated by his words, by the tantalizing quality of his voice. I dropped my head but he gently grabbed my chin, demanding my attention. “When are you gonna wear my ring, Gwen?”
“Oh, Earl, would you quit?”
“No. I’ve been telling you for a long time now how I felt.”
I shrugged him off with a smirk. “What do you want with a girl like me, anyhow?”
“You better not say that no more. You’re talking about the woman I love.”
I glanced up at him. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings, since he seemed sincere, and I was half-tempted to take him up on his offer, but the truth was, I was afraid to marry him, was afraid if I did, I’d be stuck in this crummy little hick town forever. “I’m sick of this place, Earl. Nothing ever happens here. I want to go somewhere, be somebody. I’ve been living in this shit-hole town my whole life and I’m just plain sick of it.”
“I know just what you mean, honey. This town can really wear on a person’s nerves after a while, but I’m telling you, Gwen, ain’t no place any better. You’d best stay here and marry me, and put all this searching for greener pastures behind you.”
“Easy for you to say. At least you’ve been out of this damn town a couple of times.”
“Yeah, but something always brings me back, and I think that something is you.”
He leaned down and kissed me. I swallowed hard, hungry for his touch. Something in my eyes must’ve tipped him off, and he tightened his embrace, crushing me against his chest. “Aw, hell, honey, I hope you ain’t got nothing to do for the next three or four hours.”
“What about dinner?”
“Yeah, after dinner.” He sat back down and attacked his plate again and I joined him, glad he was so easily distracted.

Links:

Blog - Friday I'm In Love:  http://www.angiesargenti.blogspot.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment