xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Five Facts Thursday - please welcome Kelly Heckart

Thursday 17 December 2015

Five Facts Thursday - please welcome Kelly Heckart

Five facts about me

  1. I have an obsessive compulsive habit of straightening things and double checking door locks, both of which drive my husband crazy.
  2. All of my heroes have long hair. I adore long hair men, possibly because I grew up in the 1980s when men had beautiful manes.
  3. I attract wild animals. Recently, I had a baby lizard hitchhike on my head. Yep, I have no idea how it got there. I made sure he or she made it safely back outside.
  4. All of my heroines are strong-willed and independent. This is because I never wished for a prince to come and rescue me. I wanted to be strong enough to rescue myself.
  5. The one series I watch over and over again is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.



Blurb from The Bear Goddess:

Forbidden love… Broken vows… Betrayal…

Callisto has studied all her life to attain the high position of Bear Goddess among the nymphs of Artemis, taking a sacred vow of purity. But when she meets a mysterious man, her life changes forever.

Kasin is a prince among the fierce centaurs and one of few who can take human shape. He is torn between his duty to his people and his love for Callisto.

After the nymphs capture Kasin and their secret is exposed, they manage a daring escape, but danger and betrayal follow Kasin and Callisto. To survive, they must evade a god obsessed with having Callisto for himself as well as others who also want to keep them apart. Their love will either be their undoing or their salvation.

Short excerpt from The Bear Goddess:

Everything had happened so fast—being caught with Kasin, being bound with silver, Kasin changing into a centaur—Callisto hadn’t had time to absorb the shock of discovering the man she loved was a centaur. Weakened by the silver chain still binding her hands, she couldn’t escape. All she could do was lay helpless in his arms while he galloped with her off into the night.
He came to an abrupt halt at the edge of a steep plateau, searching the darkened forest lit by faint beams of moonlight. The fierce set of his handsome face made her breath catch in her throat. His arms held her in a confident, strong grip. With some hesitancy, she admitted to herself that she found him exciting. He was a centaur, her enemy who she was supposed to hate, but he had never mistreated her and he saved her life once again. She could only stare at him, stunned.

Website: http://www.kelleyheckart.com

Buy links:
Trade Paperback: http://amzn.to/1OPlcT0

No comments:

Post a Comment