xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Men in Black, the A Team, and a Two-faced God

Thursday 5 July 2018

Men in Black, the A Team, and a Two-faced God


 My favorite heroes are creatures of the night, Vampires, Werewolves, Fae, Gods, and Demons. That makes them fast, violent and way larger than life.
I love my werewolves, Caleb the Cold, and Joel Blackheart, and my Fae, Leonidas stole my heart. (Or maybe it was his mischievous baby dragon that sucked me in.) 
To me though, Jase – from Giving it Up for the Gods – is special.

This is more about me than him. I love history, and all things Roman. When my husband whisked me off to Rome, I fell in love with the Eternal City. Walking through the forum, I felt drawn to the Temple of Saturn.

It once housed Rome’s treasury, and it dates from 457BC. That blows my mind.
 Saturn arrived in Italy dethroned and on the run - cast out by his original worshipers.  Janus, the ruling god invited him to stay, and Saturn brought agriculture to the Romans.

A bromance? Who knows?

Below is a Roman statue showing Janus looking forward and back.
 Yeah, I know, it doesn’t do him justice.
 Picture him with designer stubble and a more up to date hairstyle. Sculpted muscles, bad ass attitude, add to his charm. So do the horns that only appear when his demon takes charge.


The more I dug, the more the story pulled me in. He was honest and straightforward, the best of the best—which makes think of the scene where Will Smith tries out for Men in Black.
As a God Beginnings and Endings, Janus ruled doors, and our month of January is name after him.  Then, according to legend, he raped the nymph, Cardea.
 Why would a god who was respected by everyone do that?

That’s when my “What if’s” started.
 What if she’d cried wolf? What if an innocent man had been convicted of a crime he didn’t commit.
 Great, now I’ve gone from Men in Black to the A Team.
What if the other gods tossed Janus from the heights of Olympus to the depths of Hell? Worse, what if a demon took root in his soul?

You got me. 
I love a hero with a tortured soul. I had to write his 21st century story.
Now Janus has clawed his way back in the human world, he calls himself Jase. His best friend still drops in occasionally. His best friend? Saturn of course, but he prefers to be called Saul.

 In Giving it Up for the Gods, the Siren race believed Cardea’s lies and helped convict Janus of raping her He’s endured centuries of abuse and torment because of the false accusations. No wonder he hates Sirens.
And, of course, my heroine is a siren. To make matters worse, Jase has made a vow not to bed her until the Solstice. If he breaks it, he goes back to Hell. 
 Let the games begin.


Buy links

Amazon USA       https://amzn.to/2KKxcLn
Amazon UK         https://amzn.to/2NpcYVQ
Amazon Australia  https://amzn.to/2Ky8MVX
Amazon Canada  https://amzn.to/2lYOJ4h
OR 
Read for free on Kindle Unlimited

Blurb


Not only angels fall.
Convicted of a crime he didn’t commit, Janus endured centuries of torture in the coldest depth of the Underworld. Half God, half demon, he finally fought his way free. He’ll never forgive the gods who condemned him or the sirens who wrongly accused him.

Sirens are strong, sassy, and sexy.
Lindy won’t give her heart—or her virginity—to a short-lived mortal she might break in bed. When Neptune demands her virginity as his annual tribute, she’s determined to share her body with the first available male.

Janus rescues Lindy from Neptune’s mermen. Her clock’s ticking. Lindy has forty-eight hours to seduce the siren-hating Janus or she’ll become Neptune’s plaything

Excerpt - Lindy drinks too much wine. 

Lindy hiccupped, giggled, and waved the empty coffee cup in Jase’s face. When she spoke, her voice was a little too loud, and there was a slur in her words. “Whersh the hotel? I can’t wait to undresh and drag you into my bed. You will shcrew me this time, won’t you?”
He took the coffee cup from her hand. “You’ll break something waving that about.”
She hiccupped again, covered her mouth with her hand; then she giggled like a schoolgirl. Her voice carried through the restaurant. “Doshn’t matter. They’ve got more. Letsh go to the hotel, and I’ll lick your balls until your eyes roll back in your head.”
Women either smiled and whispered good-humored comments to their friends or raised their eyebrows, pursed their lips, and looked away. More than one male customer gave her an appraising look…until they spotted Jase’s muscular bulk.
He flushed a little, and his gaze slid away from hers. “Shh, princess. We’re leaving just as soon as I’ve paid the bill.”
Overloud and over expansive, Lindy sat back in her seat. Her arms flopped out, and she just missed a passing waiter. “Come here, Jase. Let me suck on your cock. You will fuck me, won’t you? Or maybe one of the other men here will take my virginity.”
Heads swiveled in her direction. Across the room, someone giggled. Three men at the next table smiled at her drunken antics. One winked and raised his glass in salute.
Lindy leaned toward him. “You’d fuck me, wouldn’t you?”
“Anytime, sweetie, but your friend here might not like it.” He leered.
Behind her, Jase growled.
Lindy ignored him and rose unsteadily to her feet. “Jashe is just a big ole pussycat, when he’s not doing his demon thing. If I sing for you, will you fuck me? I shing real good.”
Jase picked her up and headed for the door. “You’re better than good. You’re amazing. No time for singing, though, princess. That’s our taxi outside.”
She lolled back and threw out her arm. Her head dropped, and her arms flopped back. “You missed a treat, guys. I’m great when I sing.”
She laughed and waved at them, then stared into Jase’s eyes until her alcoholic haze turned her cross-eyed. Her vision blurred, and her voice dropped to a breathless giggle. “Really, Jash? Amashing? That’s good. Shall I shing you a love shong?”
“Not here, princess. Wrap your arms around my neck, and when we reach the hotel, I’ll help out with your little problem.”
“That’s the virginity thing,” she stage-whispered as he carried her outside.

About Kryssie Fortune

Kryssie’s a lover of ancient history especially all things ancient Roman or Greek. She grew up reading their myths and loving their legends. Writing about them in a contemporary setting seemed the logical next step. She promises hot sex, hunky heroes and a happy ending in every book she writes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment