xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Can you life like that, chick? #MRFWHooks #Regency #suspense #Dominance #HEA #MFRWHooks

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Can you life like that, chick? #MRFWHooks #Regency #suspense #Dominance #HEA #MFRWHooks









Alethea learns as much about spanking as sex






Excerpt

He rested his forehead against hers. “Here’s the thing, chick. I need to control the details to get through the day. I know when the wheat needs cutting, or hops should be picked and dried. I understand crop rotation now, and I have charts of what we grew where and when. I still ride out daily and inspect my lands. If you keep me, Alethea, I’ll want to know the details of your days. What you have planned. Where you shopped, and with who. More, I’ll want to watch over you, but I don’t know if I can do it without controlling you.”

Chewing on her lip, she thought a moment. Finally, she asked, “What does that mean?”
His eyes darkened, and his voice turned gravelly, full of wicked desire. “It means that I take responsibility for your happiness. I’ll ensure you smile at least a dozen times a day. I’ll do anything and everything to make you happy, and I won’t let ever anyone hurt you again.”
She’d grown up in the Brotherhood’s village, scared to show any emotion. Having someone to make her smile sounded wonderful. Weary, she didn’t want to fight him anymore. Her husband promised a freedom and joy she’d never known. She craved it with every cell in her body.
Her anger at his deception dissipated into hurt feelings. Trusting him wouldn’t be easy, though. “If you really mean that, I can’t think of anything I’d like more.”
He put a finger to her lips. “Listen first. It will be my job to watch over you, even when you think you don’t need my protection. I haven’t done a good job so far, but I swear I’ll make you the happiest you’ve ever been. Only, if you step out of line like you did this afternoon I’ll punish you with a spanking. Can you live like that, chick? Can you submit to me when I need it the most?”



Does her husband want Alethea dead?

Buy Links


Amazon USA                        https://amzn.to/2waZmpG
Amazon UK                           https://amzn.to/2OO3nYN
Amazon Canada                  https://amzn.to/2vRZWcw
Amazon Australia                 https://amzn.to/2MzN0S0


OR READ FOR FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED


Today's post is part of the Marketing for Romance Writers Bloghop. Please take a moment to check out my fellow writers excerpts using the links at the end of the the post. w


Publisher’s Blurb

Going about her mundane life in a small fishing village, Alethea never dreamed she would end up with a man like the Earl of Deanswood, yet when she caught the handsome gentleman's eye he wasted no time in making her his wife. Unbeknownst to Alethea, however, her conniving mother has convinced Deanswood that she has no interest in the marital bed. Devastated by his seeming disinterest, Alethea searches for someone to instruct her in the ways of enticing a man.

When a friend informs Deanswood of Alethea's plans, he decides to train his new bride himself. Soon enough, Alethea finds herself naked, blindfolded, and helplessly bound as she is thoroughly spanked and then brought to one blushing, quivering climax after another. But when Alethea's life is threatened by her mother's vicious scheming, can Deanswood protect his innocent bride?

Publisher's Note:
 His Innocent Bride is a stand-alone novel which shares the Regency-era setting of Wickedly Used. It includes spankings and sexual scenes. If such material offends you, please don't buy this book.



1          Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?
My heroine, Lady Alethea grew up in a remote fishing village on the Kent coast. A strict religious sect holds sway there. They disapprove of everything - singing, dancing, laughing. Even smiling is a sin. Alethea dreams of a happy future not one sent peddling fish. When James, Earl of Deanswood drives his yellow phaeton into the village, he reminds of the Greek God Apollo driving his flaming chariot across the sky. Not that she can admit to knowing Greek Myths in her village. She gives her heart in an instant, but although Deanswood marries her within a week, he doesn’t do the same.

2          Tell us about your hero.
James, Earl of Deanswood never expected to inherit the title. His father and older brother died the same day the battle of Waterloo started. Deanswood enlisted as a boy soldier and although he attained the rank of major, he sold out when he learned of his father’s death. Although it’s never officially stated in the book, he suffers from PTSD.

3          What genre are your books?
I write romance. Any sort. Paranormal or contemporary. His Innocent Bride is my second Regency Romance.
4. What draws you to this genre?
I write the books I like to read. There’s always a strong plot, with lots of adventure. Then there’s the sex. My pet hate is cliff hangers. Even the books in my series can be read as stand-alone romances. Add in that I’m a sucker for a happy-ever-after, and you’ve got my writing style.
5. What is your favorite motivational phrase.
It’s one of Mohamed Ali’s catchphrases. “If my head can conceive it and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.”
6           Tell us about your writing process and the way you brainstorm story ideas.
Brainstorm? It’s more like batter them to death with a hammer. I start with a random scene in my head and work out how people got there. Sometimes that one scene doesn’t even make it into the story. Once I’ve got the first draft finished, I edit, and edit, and edit. The first readthrough is to check the plot works. The next three are to polish the words. After that, I print it out and read it again. Words look different on paper. Next, I read it out loud. Then, and only then, do Iet my husband read it. Not that he’s a romance fan, but I’m dyslexic. He sees things I don’t.
After all that, my editor still makes changes.
More about Kryssie Fortune.

Kryssie reads everything and anything, from literary fiction to sizzling romance. Her earliest memory is going to the library with her mother. She can’t have been more than two at the time. Reading, especially when a book’s hot and explicit, is more than a guilty pleasure. It’s an obsession.
Kryssie loves to visit historic sites, from Hadrian’s wall to Regency Bath. The first book she fell in love with was Georgette Heyer’s The Unknown Ajax. After that, she devoured every regency book she could. After a while, they went out of fashion, but part of Kryssie’s psyche lives in in in Regency London. She longs to dance quadrilles and flirt behind fans. Of course, Kryssie’s heroines do far more than flirt.
Kryssie lives in Bridlington on the Yorkshire coast –about thirty miles from Whitby, where Bram Stoker wrote Dracula. She enjoys gardening, travel, and socializing with 
with her author friends. You’d be surprised how many erotic romance authors live in the North of England.


5 comments:

  1. Intriguing opening. Not sure I like the chick but though. Sounds very modern

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Janet, I'm glad you found it intriguing. As for the chick, Shakespeare got there before me, but his spelling isn't as good as mine. LOL
    "My Ariel; chicke That is thy charge." The Tempest

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though she's in for an unusual marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she might be innocent, but he sure isn't.

    ReplyDelete