Five Facts from Red Tulip
1. Red Tulip was originally a collection of weekly flash fiction posts that I tied together into a book.
2. The genre of this book is difficult to pin down as this book wasn’t “written” – it evolved. I’ve labelled it as a contemporary romance with a little bit of a mystery twist and maybe a dash of paranormal.
3. Darcy O’Callahan grew up in a small mid-western town, where she worked her way through high school and college doing the flower beds for her neighbours and the local municipal office and she’d like everyone to forget the summer she was covered with poison ivy rash.
4. Shamus McTavis is the only son of Brian and Leslie McTavis who died when their yacht, Sail On, floundered in a typhoon off the coast of Indonesia.
5. Reginald is a sheep dog puppy whom Shamus fell in love with at a local pet store. He loves sleep on Shamus’ bed and is terrified of thunderstorms.
Darcy O'Calahann, a junior gardener from a small mid-western town, is trying to make her way in the big city.
Shamus McRae is a wealthy bachelor with a mysterious family past.
Are Darcy's eyes playing tricks on her? Is she losing her mind? Or is there really a Red Tulip tying her and Shamus together?