xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: 10 Things to do when you have a new book release.

Tuesday 14 February 2017

10 Things to do when you have a new book release.

Do you have a checklist for when your book is released?
I do.
1.     A few weeks prior to release I ask people to let me guest-post on their blog. Other authors are amazingly generous about  letting you shout on their pages. Obviously, I'm always willing to return the favor. I find an excel list of who, when and what they'd like useful.

2.     Prepare blog posts ahead of time. Don't ever be faced with fifteen or more posts to write in one day. I keep mine in a separate folder along with my media kit.

3.    Shout out on Facebook. My author page links to my personal page, and both link to my twitter account. I also share the post in appropriate groups.

4.    Shout out on Twitter, and pin the post to the top of your stream. Anybody wanting to re-tweet you can go straight to it.

5.     Update your website. Usually, I have "coming soon" and a link to my publisher, Loose id  that needs updating

6.     Add your book to Goodreads.

7.    Add your book to your Amazon page in both the UK and USA.

8     Choose some short snippets. I use Canva to make a Twitter post picture. It's easy. If I can do it anyone can, and I've found people love to re-tweet these.

9.     I don't have a mailing list, but if you do, prepare a chatty newsletter telling your subscribers about your new release. Keep it short though. No one wants to plow through two or three pages.

10.     If you are a member of Marketing For Romance Writer's Group - and if your not you should think about joining, fill in their promotion form.

I really hope you found this useful, and if I've missed anything, please, please, put it in the comments. It's a learning curve for all of us.

Oh, yeah, and why did I write this? Well? I have a new book release on Valentine's day, but I'm waiting for it to upload to Amazon.
It's a stand alone romance within a series featuring ex-military heroes as they build their lives in Westhorpe Ridge - and it has a great Valentine's surprise.


Blurb

Twelve years ago, Mandy Devlin moved away from her friends and family--under threat. If she returned in the next ten years or told anyone who fathered her baby, her boyfriend’s great-aunt would bankrupt her family. She’s a single mom who dreams of her lost love and a good spanking. When she’s finally free to return to Westhorpe Ridge, the last person she expects to see is Adam--the man she loved and lost so long ago. 

Dr. Adam Montgomery doesn’t know he has a son. Thanks to his great-aunt’s will, he has nine months to find a bride or he loses Montgomery Hall and the fifteen million dollars she left him. Although he seduces Mandy on his first night home, he still believes she betrayed him twelve years ago. No way would he marry a woman like her. 

As Valentine’s Day looms, someone tries to kill Mandy. Is Adam trying to get rid of her? Or can Mandy trust him to protect them?

You can read an excerpt and purchase with a discount here

http://www.loose-id.com/heroes-of-westhorpe-ridge-3-desire-deceit-and-the-doctor.html

As soon as I have Amazon links, I'm in there to add it to my author page.

No comments:

Post a Comment