xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Kryssie Fortune: Worth the Chase by Holly C Webb. @Hollywebb84 #excerpt

Friday 24 February 2017

Worth the Chase by Holly C Webb. @Hollywebb84 #excerpt


I have another guest today. The talented Holly C. Webb, has dropped by to tell everyone about her latest release.
 .•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨

           Release Day Blitz
        WORTH THE CHASE
            By Holly C Webb
.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨.•*¨✨

#LiveNow #hollycwebb
#getyourcopynow #mustread #oneclicknow #romance
#standalone #LoveDamian
#LuckyPenny


Penny Chase has had her whole life planned out for her since the day she was born, but it’s a life she doesn’t want. After a lifetime of trying to please her controlling father, Penny thinks she will never get to Stanford. She sees it as her chance to finally have the life she has always dreamed of. That was until she meets Damian Grant.
Damian is the lead singer of Purple Mist, with a love them and leave them reputation. That was until he meets his Lucky Penny. From the moment he sets his eyes on her, he is determined to win her heart.
Damian is everything Penny wants, but also everything her father would never approve of. Still, the heart wants what the heart wants, and Penny’s heart wants Damian. She just wasn’t sure what price she would have to pay for a life with him.
Can love really conquer all, or will Richard Chase, Penny’s father, make the price of loving Damian too high. Will Penny’s happy ever after be worth the chase?
********************

Are you sure I look okay?” Penny asked Abby once again as they reached the door of The Black Rose Lounge. She had changed her outfit almost a dozen times, but she still didn’t feel comfortable. Penny had no idea why she was so nervous, but she was. This wasn’t really her thing, so she didn’t want to look stupid or out of place. In the end, she settled on a pair of tight black jeans and a fitted red t-shirt.
“You look amazing,” Abby laughed for the twentieth time then turned and looked at Noah. “Doesn’t she?”
“You look gorgeous, Penny,” Noah said, giving her a reassuring smile. “I swear.”
“Thanks,” she replied shyly. She was never comfortable taking a compliment.
“Oh, you will take his word for it, but not mine?” Abby said, faking a look of hurt. “Nice.”
“No, I take your word too…” Penny quickly replied as she searched for the right words.
“But he’s a guy,” Abby finished Penny’s sentence with a laugh. “And not just your best friend.”
“Something like that,” Penny replied with a nervous laugh.
“Come on, Crazy,” Abby giggled as she linked Penny’s arm. “Let’s get you wasted.”
“Not wasted,” Penny insisted. She wasn’t much of a drinker at the best of times, and that’s the way she planned on keeping it. “You promised.”
“Fine, not wasted,” Abby sighed then added. “Just…just try and relax. Lighten up a little bit. It’s okay to have some fun.”
“I promise I’ll try,” Penny replied, before Abby led her through the door behind Noah, and into the packed club.
The club was badly lit and heaving with far too many people. There was barely standing room, much less somewhere to sit. Penny was a little surprised.
“Is it always this busy?” She screamed into Abby's ear as they pushed through the crowd. “I have never seen so many people in one place.”
“Only when Purple Mist are playing,” she shouted back. “Don’t worry, Noah’s brother said he would save a table up at the front for us.”
Penny suddenly felt an arm wrap around her waist and pull her backward, as her arm slipped from Abby’s. Then she felt herself being spun around until she was face to face with some strange guy.
“Hey gorgeous,” the guy said, as he gave her what he clearly thought was his most killer smile. He was good looking in an obvious kind of way, but far too in love with himself, and not Penny’s type at all. “I haven’t seen you here before. I’m sure I would remember a hot babe like you.”
“I’m sorry, I’m here with someone,” Penny said as she tried to step back and free herself from his grasp.
“Don’t I even get a name?” He asked, evidently not someone who was put off easily.
“There you are!” Abby exclaimed as she appeared next to her once again, before Penny even had time to answer the guy’s question. Abby then looked from Penny to the guy standing in front of her. “Back off asshole; she’s way out of your league.”
Before he could reply, Abby pulled Penny by the arm and guided her through the crowd, to the table at the front of the club. Penny immediately spotted Noah at the table where he was talking to some guy who had his back to her and Abby.
“I found her,” Abby said as Noah’s eyes met hers. “Some asshole fancied his chances, but I put him in his place.”
“Are you okay, Penny?” Noah asked looking concerned. She was about to tell him she was fine, but as she went to speak, the guy next to him turned to look at her too. He was slightly taller than Noah, but there was a strong resemblance between them except he had darker hair, that was a little longer and brown piercing eyes that were almost hypnotic. He had a light dusting of stubble on his jawline and was wearing a white shirt, with faded black jeans. He was probably the most gorgeous man Penny had ever seen.
She felt like she had been struck by lightning. She just stood there motionless, like some stupid airhead, staring at him.  It wasn’t until he gave her a knowing grin that she shook herself and turned her attention back to Noah.
“I…I’m okay, thanks,” Penny finally managed to say as her face burned with embarrassment. She was completely mortified. “I had it under control.”
“Cool,” Noah said as he gave her a strange look before he turned to the guy next to him. “Umm, Penny, this is my brother, Damian. Damian, this is Penny Chase.”
“Hi,” Penny said as she reached out her hand, trying to appear as casual as she could despite the fact her heart was almost pounding out of her chest. “It’s nice to meet you. Noah has told me a lot about you.”
“The pleasure is all mine,” he replied taking her hand in his and holding it a little longer than he really needed to. He held her eyes with his, and as he held her hand, Penny felt a spark of electricity pass through her entire body. “So, is it your first time?”
“My first time?” She asked, unsure of what he was talking about.
“Coming to see Purple Mist,” he laughed looking her straight in the eye, making her feel a little uncomfortable. She pulled her hand from his abruptly and forced a tight smile, as she pulled herself together. She knew he was toying with her, but she refused to play his game.
“This is not really my thing,” she replied coolly, not taking her eyes from his as she tried to appear unimpressed.
“And what exactly is your thing?” He asked as he stepped a little closer to her with a grin on his face.
“Not this,” she replied, as her voice cracked with nerves, but she didn’t look away from him.
He stared at her for a moment, then to Penny’s surprise he threw his head back and laughed. “I like you already.”
“Penny,” Noah said drawing her attention away from Damian and back to him, as the rest of the band joined the table. “This is the rest of the guys.”
He introduced them one at a time. First, there was Eddie Lewis who everyone called Fast Eddie. Eddie was the lead guitarist.
Next to Eddie was his brother Steve, or as he was otherwise known, Just Steve. Just Steve was the bass guitarist in the band. Both Eddie and Steve were tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Eddie had a goatee beard that made him look a lot older than his brother.
Finally, there was Stix, who was the drummer. Penny wasn’t told what his real name was, but Stix was definitely something of an enigma. He was of mixed race, with the most gorgeous brown eyes Penny had ever seen on a boy. He had a flawless afro that he pulled off perfectly. His eyebrow, nose, and lip were pierced, and he had a Superman tattoo on his arm to complete the image. Penny smiled at them all, but she wasn’t sure she would remember all their names.
The whole time Noah was making introductions, she could feel Damian’s eyes burning into her. It took everything she had inside, not to look back at him.


☄☄AUTHOR BIO ☄☄

My name is Holly Webb. I’m 33 years old and I live in Dublin with my awesome hubby. I’ve been writing all my life, but last year I decided to follow my dreams and become a full time writer. It’s all I have ever wanted to do.
My first full length book, Worth the Chase will be released on February 24th.  It’s a romance story, (as I am an old romantic) but there is some adult content in it.
My second book, This Thing Between Us, will be published during the summer and I hope to have one more completed before the end of the year.
When I’m not writing, I like to take photos, I sketch and I love to watch old movies.
My favourite movie is An Affair to Remember and my favourite TV shows are Lucifer and Suits (I am having an affair with Harvey in my head). I love Rascal Flatts and Adele, but I will listen to most kinds of music.
My biggest fear is not following my dreams because I am too afraid to fail.
I favourite quote is, “It always seems impossible, until it’s done – Nelson Mandela “

Make sure you're following Holly C Webb! For all her latest updates!!!










            
v

No comments:

Post a Comment